Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Thrift Store Finds!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2005
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, last night I had a dream that I went to the thrift store up here (Goodwill) and found lots of AG stuff... so when I woke up this morning, I thought 'what the hey I'll go check it out.' So I get there and needless to say I found nothing for my dolls! (Keep in mind this thrift store is also rediculious in price... because if they think they have something worth anything they double or triple the price... even if in reality it came from the dollar store they'll mark it 20 bucks) So I wasn't too upset because... I figured had I found anything it would have been ridiculous. Well I just did my normal looking. Tried to find any 50% off tags on cute clothes for my 3 year old. Found one sweater and a t-shirt both half off... so I started to make my way to the dressing room... and something just told me to look up... so I do... and there on the wall waaay up there is this green velvet dress. I just kinda glanced at it at first... and as I turned away I thought "You know that dress looks kind of familure.... WAIT THAT'S MOLLY'S CHRISTMAS DRESS!"

    So I had someone pull it down and I imagined it was gonna be at least 20 bucks... but no it was marked $3.49 and its in PERFECT CONDITION!!!

    Its a size 12 but hey I'm just so excited that I found it for such a wonderful deal!! This is my first AG find at a thrift store!!!

    I guess "dreams" do come true!

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW!Dreams do come true!Great deal!

  3. #3
    talentedtwelve12
    Guest talentedtwelve12's Avatar

    Post

    hmmmm... lucky you!!!
    I have had TONS of those dreams and as soon as I am old enough to drive I will go to the thrift stores EVERY DAY!!!!!

    AWWWW I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!

    I went yesterday and found 3 books. That was it. [img]redface.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bethmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2005
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow!
    That's a great find!
    I've found a few AG purple jackets for my granddaus and the hOliday garnet dress in sz 12..
    But would LOVE to fine a historical dress!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, great find! Can someone in your family wear it?

  6. #6
    talentedtwelve12
    Guest talentedtwelve12's Avatar

    Post

    Are you going to sell it or keep it?

    I wish I wore size 12; but 14 or 16 is for me!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congrats! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    I have found a few of those AGT clothes for girls, but never a historical outfit that fits! I did find Molly's Birthday and Kirsten's Summer dresses for girls one time, but they were size 10! I was so sad...

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2005
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll probably end up selling it eventually. No one can wear it... yet my daughter is 3... but who knows I might have to just hang on to it =D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •